For Younger Readers:
- Baker, Rosalie and Baker, Charles (editors). "Ancient Nubia" in Calliope, November/December 1996.
- Excellent issue that addresses history and culture, mainly of the Meroitic Period.
- Bartok, Mira and Ronan, Christine. Ancient Egypt and Nubia: in series Ancient and Living Cultures Stencils, Good Year Books (Scott Foresman), 1995.
- Basic information about Nubia with stencils of hieroglyphs and Nubian motifs.
- Bianchi, Robert.The Nubians: People of the Ancient Nile, Millbrook Press, 1994.
- One of the few titles for juvenile readers.
- Haynes, Joyce. Nubia: Ancient Kingdoms of Africa, The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1992.
- Concise cultural outline, sections on daily life, kings and queens, burial patterns etc as well as chapters on "Surviving Aspects of [ancient] Nubian cultures" and "Nubia: A Black Legacy." Highly recommended.
If you purchase any of these or other books by following this link to Amazon or Barnes and Noble a portion of your costs will go to support the Research Archives of the Oriental Institute.
RETURN TO RECOMMENDED READING
RETURN TO RESEARCH ARCHIVES
RETURN TO THE ORIENTAL INSTITUTE MUSEUM
RETURN TO MUSEUM EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Revised: August 17, 2000
Copyright © 2006 Oriental Institute, University of Chicago